BS Show News 2nd August 2020
Having now completed three BS shows post lockdown we are all adjusting to the ‘new normal’. We have been thrilled that these competitions have been well attended and that feedback from competitors is that they seem genuinely happy with how they have been run.
The team here at Speetley EC have a few points that we would like to make competitors aware of.
- Prize Money - As you are all aware we are no longer able to pay prize money in cash. Taking bank details from competitors raises concerns regarding data protection and our main aim is to get the prize money over to the winning competitor as quickly as possible. We have therefore made the decision to pay all prize money via PayPal. This is quick and easy and all we need is an email address. For competitors that do not have a paypal account it is a very straightforward process to set one up that can be done in minutes - click here for more details
- Drawn Times - Times for the drawn order are generated at random by our show entry system. Please note we cannot take requests for times. Under BS rules we can at our discretion move you up the order if we have a slot but we cannot move you down to a later time
- Also on the subject of times please make sure you are in the warm up arena ready to jump at your time. Riders who are late and miss their allotted time-slot risk being unable to jump.
- Late entries - All entries should be made before the closing date via the Equo events website. However in certain unforeseen circumstances we will do our best to accommodate late entries. Please be aware that these must be paid for via PayPal before the competition
This COVID pandemic has presented challenges to everyone and Speetley is no exception. We are doing our best to adapt to new systems and changing the way we work. We still have staff on furlough so we appreciate your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times
Times Available for BS 28th July 2020
Times are available now...
Please follow link and choose class from drop down menu.
Speetley Equestrian Centre COVID Protocols British Showjumping
With the resumption of our British Showjumping competitions on Tuesday 21st July 2020 we have made the following arrangements to comply with COVID guidance and protect both staff and competitors.
- Please enter the centre by the entrance on Gander lane, not via Worksop Road
- A member of staff will be at the gate checking the start list.
- All lorrys and trailers are to be parked in the large field. Please follow signs.
- Cars to be parked in the car park.
- Competitors are asked to follow a one way system. Please see plan here
- Grass warmup is situated on the far side of the small arena. Maximum 6 people including steward in this area.
- Maximum 6 people including pole picker in the warm up arena
- Entry to main arena will be via the shute.
- Please exit the main arena via the gate next to the cafe.
- Cool down area is on the grass on the other side of the cafe. Access from here back to the lorry park
- Hand sanitiser stations will be situated at points around the centre and in toilets
Staff will be on hand to answer any questions on the day of the competition.
New Monthly Newsletter launched
This month we have launched our Newsletter! Sent out once a month it brings together a round up of the past month and a loo at what is coming up. There is also a competition to win prizes such as arena/xc hire or a meal in Bonjour Cafe. If you would like to subscribe please click below. The March Newsletter can be found here
Eventing Clinic with Gary Parsonage - Saturday 28th March 2020
Eventing Clinic with Gary Parsonage
28th March 2020
We are thrilled to be welcoming Olympic Rider and BE Coach Gary Parsonage to Speetley. Gary will be taking groups of 4/5 riders in sessions during the day.
Sessions are based on height (80cm/90cm/100cm)
Please book your place here